The steps taken to paint a mural
Stage One – Consultation
- A consultation meeting with the client, ideas are discussed with the artist about the artwork style they are looking to incorporate within their business or home.
- During the consultation we take photos and measurements of the surface areas that are looking to be painted.
- A detailed quote is supplied to the client that outlines all costs involved for the mural along with the terms and conditions.
- The design fee is to be paid, before commencing to stage two.
- The client will only pay for the design and not commit to the total cost of the project until they approve the design.
Stage Two – Concept development
- Construction of ideas and themes for artwork.
- Design begins. (We do our best to complete this in 7-10 working days but this will vary depending on the amount of other projects also in progress)
- The design is mocked up over the image that was taken of the surface to be painted.
- On approval of the design we then take payment of 50% of the remaining quoted price (design fee is deducted from quote) and source the materials.
- A date and time for the installation of the artwork is arranged that is suitable for both parties. We understand that certain businesses cannot stop their operations, so we do offer a weekend and after hour’s service.
- For large scale murals we also arrange for scaffolding or an elevated platform to be dropped off at the site for the duration of the project.
Stage Three – Mural Installation
- We arrive on site and prepare the area and ensure no other surfaces are going to be damaged and that the area is free of any safety hazards.
- Then we start installing the mural on the surface.
- When we finish the artwork we tidy up the area, cleaning up any mess that we make. Leaving the workplace in the same condition as when we arrived.
- Confirmation with client is made that artworks are as per the design and they are happy with the final result.
- Final payment is to be made on the day of completion of the artwork. We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express.